New and Notable Books
Recently Lee Yiwata sent me a list of book related to hypercomputation. The list is rather complete but I would like to mention only the most recent titles that I did not happen to skim through.
- Biological Hypercomputation and Degrees of Freedom by Carlos Eduardo Maldonad.
- Interactive Computation: The New Paradigm edited by Dina Goldin, Scott A. Smolka, and Peter Wegner.
- Ordinal Computability: An Introduction to Infinitary Machines by Merlin Carl.
- Computation and its Limits by Paul Cockshott, Lewis M Mackenzie, and Gregory Michaelson.
- Computational Matter edited by Susan Stepney, Steen Rasmussen, and Martyn Amos.
- Physical Computation: A Mechanistic Account by Gualtiero Piccinini.
- Church’s Thesis. Logic, Mind and Nature edited by Adam Olszewski, Bartosz Brożek, Piotr Urbańczyk.
The books Computation and its Limits and Physical Computation: A Mechanistic Account are not in favor of hypercomputation, nevertheless, they might be of interest to some people. Personally, I am not really intersted.